Sunday, March 6, 2011

Shorter - But Sweeter

My perfectionist tendencies are really at war with this idea for a new, shorter and more "off-the cuff" Blog.  I like to do something that has, in my mind, more substance and a greater level of content but... that means I have found it very difficult to find the time required to produce said Blog.

Additionally, in the past I have been trying to produce two somewhat separate Blogs, one for the friends we have made while traveling and/or living overseas and one for friends and family here in North America.  All of that is done and over (or done and dusted, if you prefer) and there will be, going forward, just this Blog.

Because I am announcing that I intend to make this Blog one with less content per posting and an overall reduced level of what I would describe as "perfection", I am hopeful that I can make more frequent postings and, in doing so transcend the required brevity (dare I describe it as the banality) of Facebook.

So, just to be clear - do I think this Blog will be full of Hemingway-esque prose?  I do not.  However, it should be more "full bodied" that a Facebook posting and (hopefully) a bit more entertaining.

If you do not want to receive this Blog, please send me an e-mail and say "I don't want to receive this Blog".  I will not be (too) offended and will remove you from the "List".  All social mediums these days require an "Opt Out" methodology and this Blog should be no exception.

I would like to cite as a Muse for this new Blog one Sharolyn Joy Newington, who has produced a very cool Blog about the life she shares with her husband (Josh) and their new adventures as transplants from Brisbane, Australia to Vancouver, British Columbia.  Her Blog is excellent, with thoughtful writing and beautiful pictures and makes me smile and think - I would aspire to that as well.

So, here we go!  I hope this works and that you find it worthy of your time to read and to provide me your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment